Dandruff is the common problem of your hair and scalp which is most embarrassing and irritating condition that one can face. Although it is not a contagious disease, sometimes it can be difficult to treat i.e it is rarely serious.
The best part is dandruff can be usually controlled and in more stubborn cases dandruff often respond to medicated shampoos.
The main causes of Dandruff includes:
- Exposing to extreme cold or heat
- Not shampooing your hair regularly
- Shampooing too often
- Greasy oily skin
- Eczema on your body
- Dry skin
- Psoriasis affected to your scalp
- Using unsuited hair care products
- Using too many hair styling products and hair dyes
- Having poor diet
- Dermatitis and fungal infections are the main causes of dandruff that leaves constant itching on the scalp that further leads to acne.
Common symptoms of Dandruff includes:
- Too much itching
- Redness on the scalp
- White flakes on your scalp
- Your head may sometimes feel sore and sometimes tight
- Looking white flakes dotted on your hair and shoulder while scratching
But no worries, here are few best ever home remedies to get rid of dry and oily dandruff:
- Take 3 teaspoons of coconut oil or neem oil and add a piece of raw camphor to it.
- Apply it to your scalp and massage for some time.
- Repeat it continuously for about 15 days before going to bed and shampoo in the morning.
- Dandruff will be wiped off totally giving good strength to your hair.
Stop applying it every day after 15 days and start reapplying it 2 days once to prevent future dandruff.
- Squeeze some juice from the petals of hibiscus flowers.
- Apply it all over your scalp and massage for some time.
- Wash it off with warm water after 30 minutes.
- Add some coconut oil to 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds powder.
- Apply it to your scalp and leave aside.
- Shampoo after 30 minutes and repeat it weekly thrice to get good relief from dandruff.
- Squeeze some juice from an onion and apply it to your scalp.
- Leave on for 1 hour and shampoo.
- Repeat it twice in a week.
- Take equal proportions of mustard oil and lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly and apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Massage for some time and leave aside.
- Wash away after 30 minutes.
- This is the best remedy for removing dandruff by giving great shine to the hair.
REMEDIES FOR DRY DANDRUFF:
- Soak a cup of fenugreek seeds in the water for the whole night.
- Grind it in the morning and apply it to your scalp.
- Leave on for 30-45 minutes and clean it off with soap nut solution or shikakai powder
- This pack gives a great relief from dry dandruff.
- Apply henna pack 2 weeks once.
- You can get a good relief from dry dandruff within 3-4 applications.
- Repeat applying henna packs twice in a month for getting relief from dry dandruff and also preventing from future dandruff.
- People who are suffering with dry dandruff are advised to wash and clean your hair only with soap nut solution or shikakai powder / paste.
- Do not use any shampoos or soaps for head bath.
REMEDIES FOR STICKY / WAXY DANDRUFF:
- Soak a small cup of fenugreek seeds in the water for a whole night.
- Grind it in the morning with a cup of neem leaves added to it.
- Make a fine paste and apply it to your scalp.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and shampoo it.
- Repeat it weekly twice to wipe off waxy and sticky dandruff.
- Add a piece of raw camphor to half a cup of olive oil.
- Heat the oil and apply it your scalp and hair.
- Massage for some time and shampoo after 10 minutes.
- Continuous application of this oil will relives you totally from sticky and waxy dandruff.